Are you looking for a job that pays better and will do so for a long time? Are you looking for a job that will provide you the most bang for your buck? If your answer is “yes” then we have the details for you.
Keeping the long-term future in mind is vital in looking for a lucrative job. A job that might be lucrative now might not be as lucrative in 2030. But which jobs will be lucrative by 2030? Which jobs will see the highest increases in employment by 2030?
The COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be quite devastating to healthcare systems. As a result, healthcare providers are tired, and many are even quitting jobs they’ve had for decades to escape the overwhelming stress.
Despite this, healthcare will see a massive boom in employment opportunities by 2030. According to The Motley Fool, the most lucrative job of 2030 will be registered nursing (RNs). RNs have projected job growth of 15% over the next decade.
In the same report, various other professions in the domain of healthcare are mentioned:
- Physical Therapists: “The number of physical therapists could increase to 337,000 by 2030, up from nearly 217,000 last year.”
- Nurse Practitioners: “Employment for nurse practitioners is expected to grow from 150,000 last year to 205,000 by 2030.”
- Physician Assistant: “There were around 104,000 physician assistant positions in the U.S. last year. By 2030, that number could rise to more than 144,000.”
In each case, The Motley Fool determines the “lucrativeness” of each position not by its salary but by job growth. In each case, however, healthcare jobs are well-paying –in the positions mentioned above, salaries range from $80,000-$110,000.
Software development will be the most lucrative STEM job by 2030. Indeed, more accurately, it is slated to remain the most lucrative STEM job by 2030, as it is currently the most lucrative. Various sources agree with this projection or one that is similar. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in software development will increase by 22% from 2020 to 2030.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the following jobs will be the fastest-growing (in terms of increased employment) industries from now until 2030:
- Motion picture projectionists (70.5%)
- Wind turbine service technicians (68.2%)
- Ushers, lobby attendants, and ticket takers (61.8%)
- Solar photovoltaic installers (52.1%)
- Cooks at restaurants (48.9%)
- Agents and business managers of artists, performers, and athletes (46.3%)
- Costume attendants (44.3%)
- Exercise trainers and group fitness instructors (39.3%)
The most lucrative jobs require more significant skill acquisition on the part of workers.
For job seekers, what is essential to keep in mind about all of these growing positions is that almost all of them require specific training. To acquire these jobs, you will be required to gain skills through either certificates, experience, or schooling.
Therefore, success in the future of work will be determined by how much workers are willing to expand their skill-set. Likewise, those who are willing to further their education will reap the benefits of these growing fields.
Portions of this article originally appeared on the All Work Space website.
The Sundance Company
Established in 1976, The Sundance Company has the experience to help you with your commercial real estate needs throughout the Boise Valley. If your requirements include property management, leasing, real estate development, project planning, construction or space planning then look to us. The Sundance Company has more than 1.6 million square feet of office and industrial space available in prime locations in the Boise metropolitan area. More information is available at www.sundanceco.com or 208.322.7300.